Everyone jokes that every family needs a lawyer and a doctor, but I’d like to add make up artist to that list. My cousin Erica is a fabulous professional makeup artist and the beauty blogger behind Pretty Pleased, her site featuring beauty tips and tricks, her insider advice. I thought she could bring a little of that beauty wisdom over to The Kitchy Kitchen, so she’ll be here blogging once a month. Stay tuned for all things pretty and lovely!
Even though makeup is my business, my personal arsenal is pretty streamlined. The less I have to carry around, the better. Vaseline lip balm is cheap and perfectly packaged, making it easy to toss in your bag or pocket. I find it has a multitude of uses beyond moisturizing your lips, that really makes it a makeup must-have.
1. Cuticles – keep your digits in tip-top shape by rubbing a dab of vaseline on your cuticles.
2. Rough Elbows – Use your finger tips to rub a small amount into notorious dry areas like elbows and knuckles to keep them moisturized.
3. Eyebrows – I have unruly brows and wiping just a little bit on my arches keeps those rogue ones in place.
4. Fly Aways – Used sparingly, Vaseline helps keep those pesky fly away hairs from popping up all over the place.
5. Highlighter – If you need a little pick-me-up in the afternoon or just want a dewier complexion, try dabbing a small amount on your cheekbones to give you some added sheen.
6. Creme Shadow – Vaseline can take your favorite eyeshadow up a notch by turning it into a cream. It will intensify the color and is perfect for a day to night look.