Everyone jokes that every family needs a lawyer and a doctor, but I’d like to add make up artist to that list. My cousin Erica is a fabulous professional makeup artist and the beauty blogger behind Pretty Pleased, her site featuring beauty tips and tricks, her insider advice. I thought she could bring a little of that beauty wisdom over to The Kitchy Kitchen, so she’ll be here blogging once a month. Stay tuned for all things pretty and lovely!
While a spa gift card is always appreciated, a homemade Mother’s Day gift basket is a little more personal and perfect for everyone from your best friend to your mother in-law (hello brownie points!). I’ve compiled some of my favorite “mommy must-haves”, that are a notch above and a little extra special. Everything from rose-scented face oil to dry shampoo – these products are definitely luxurious and special for all moms.
1. John Masters Organics Rose and Aloe Mist – this is a great hydrating toner and can be used throughout the day to refresh the skin. It comes in a small container that is perfect for her purse or diaper bag.
2. Rodial StemCell Facial Oil – A few drops of this rose-scented face oil adds moisture to tired, dry skin and brings out a dewy but not greasy complexion. It’s a bit pricey (about $80), but Badger Organic Damascus Rose Face Oil can be used on all skin types and comes in at around $14.
3. LuvAJ necklace – This super affordable and adorable necklace is simple enough to wear everyday.
5. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat – This handy pen has a wonderful formula that offers coverage, while brightening the eye area at the same time. While it’s price tag is a bit high ($42), it’s worth it, especially for mature skin.
6. Perricone MD Firming Eye Cream – It’s creamy formula isn’t too rich that you can’t wear it under makeup, but is thick enough to really hydrate and firm the eye area. You can also pick up Roc Retinol Correxion Sensitive Eye Cream at most drug stores for a lot less.
7. Burt’s Bees Beeswax Hand Creme – This little pot is so cute on a dresser and really great for dry, chapped hands.
8. Lavender Oil – A few drops of lavender oil in a bathtub will force even the busiest mom into a calm, relaxed state.
9. Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Rose Scented Soap – Although simple, this little bar of soap is perfect for the shower or the sink and smells amazing.
10. Tarte Matte Lip Tint in “Exposed” – This nude pencil/lipstick combo works on a variety of skin tones and is great for everyday.
11. Chanel Eyeshadow Quad in “14 Mystic Eyes” – It may seem like a steep price, ($60) but this quad goes the extra mile. All 4 shades are super wearable and can be blended together to go from day to night. For a similar and much cheaper option, check out Sonia Kashuk Eye Shadow Quad in “Bed of Roses”.
12. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray – This texturizing spray and dry shampoo has an amazing scent and is great for second (or third!) day hair. It can also be found in a travel size!